Floating support (MAPPA & IOM) stakeholder consultation 2016
|Purpose||Lancashire County Council is required to make savings of £262m by 2020/21. This extremely difficult financial position is the result of continued cuts in Government funding, rising costs and rising demand for our key services.
Lancashire County Council currently provides funding for the Lancashire wide specialist floating support services for people who have a history of offending. This consist of the specialist MAPPA & IOM floating support services. As a result of the financial difficulties, the county council is proposing to stop this funding at the end of March 2017.
What is the specialist MAPPA & IOM floating support service?
The specialist floating support service is a free service which provides short term intensive housing related support to help people settle into independent housing. This service is for high risk offenders subject to Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA) and to offenders identified exclusively through the revolution panel identified as Integrated Offender Management (IOM) but not exclusively PPO and have been released from custody and or are under statutory supervision.
The specialist MAPPA & IOM floating support tasks often include:
- help people move to temporary (short term) or permanent home and to avoid eviction or re-possession (eg rent payments, reporting repairs, resolving neighbourhood disputes);
- sorting out any money or debt problems;
- helping people deal with a short term personal crisis and any issues that might seem overwhelming;
- supporting people to live healthy lives;
- helping people to stay safe at home and in the community;
- help to get a job, training and leisure opportunities, and generally; and
- helping people to become more independent or stay independent in the community.
The specialist MAPPA & IOM floating support should not be confused with personal care services e.g. help with cleaning, cooking, bathing, which many people in Lancashire also receive. Neither is the specialist MAPPA & IOM floating support a replacement service for professional advice (eg solicitors, financial experts).
Although we are not yet clear what ending the funding will mean for the Lancashire County Council funded floating support service by DISC, there is a possibility for any or some of the following to take place:
- The service ends
- The service continues with major changes (eg reduction in number of staff, new types of support services)
- The service continues with little change as provider has managed to obtain other funding (eg from charities not Supporting People).
We would like to hear your views about these budget proposals and any concerns or ideas you may have. We would be grateful if you would complete the questionnaire.
|Commissioned by||Supporting People|
All of Lancashire
Questionnaire - online
Special interest group
|Date||16/05/2016 - 07/08/2016|
|Undertaken by||Business Intelligence|
For more information about this research contact: