SEND Transport Policy Consultation
|Purpose||What are we doing?
We are consulting on changes we are looking to make to the SEND Transport Policy. The main changes are we looking to make include:
- Updating the policy to make it more accessible and easier to understand
- Integrating a structured Independent Travel Training programme to support the transition to adulthood
- Introducing a discretionary Travel Assistance Grant. This has been trialled under COVID regulations and has been beneficial to both families and the local authority in providing additional flexibility
- Moving information on post 16 travel provision to a separate policy
- Improving the reviewing process to ensure that the correct transport provision is made available
Why are we doing this?
- We are required to review and update our policies on a regular basis
- To provide a more flexible travel provision and progression to independent travel
- To make best use of public finances
What will not change as a result of these proposals?
- There is no change to the eligibility criteria for transport to be provided
School services eg meals, crossing, EPS
|Commissioned by||Inclusion Service|
All of Lancashire
Questionnaire - online
|Date||21/06/2021 - 18/07/2021|
|Undertaken by||Business Intelligence|
For more information about this research contact:
Inclusion Service 01772 531597