Pharmaceutical needs assessment consultation
|Purpose||Decisions on whether to open new pharmacies are made by NHS England Lancashire Area Team. When making the decision NHS England is required to refer to the local PNA. As these decisions may be appealed and challenged via the courts, it is important that PNAs, both in their content and in the process of their construction, comply with regulations and that mechanisms are established to keep the PNA up-to-date. In accordance with these regulations, Lancashire County Council PNA will be updated every three years.
Lancashire Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) has a statutory responsibility to publish and keep up to date a statement of the needs for pharmaceutical services of the population in its area, referred to as pharmaceutical needs assessment (PNA) that needs to be published before 1st of April 2015.
The PNA includes information on:
- Pharmacies in Lancashire and the services they currently provide
- Maps of providers of pharmaceutical services in Lancashire.
- Relevant services in neighbouring areas.
- Potential gaps in provision and likely future needs for the population of Lancashire.
- Opportunities for existing pharmacies in providing local public health services and join the healthy living pharmacy scheme.
Community based health services
|Commissioned by||Knowledge and Intelligence, Public Health, Lancashire County Council|
All of Lancashire
Questionnaire - online
|Date||19/12/2014 - 16/02/2015|
|Undertaken by||Knowledge and Intelligence, Public Health, Lancashire County Council|
For more information about this research contact:
Head of Knowledge and Intelligence
You can find out more about pharmaceutical needs assessments here: